Thursday, July 19, 2012

How you should be doing it...

I'm going to show you how retirement should look:


If you don't look like this, then you're not doing it right.  Unless you're doing this on a cushy couch then you're doing it extremely right, but Mommy and Daddy don't let me up there.  Something about Dad doesn't like being covered by dog hair??  Pffth.  Silly Dad doesn't realize that dog hair is an asset to his clothes.  You don't need accessories if you have enough dog hair!  Duhh!

Mommy and I went on a jog this morning.  I loooove being outside.  I especially love when the squirrels are out.  I like to try to chase them up my pee targets.  I know all their hiding spots.  I look out for them, which usually means I run into Mom while we're walking/jogging because I'm not paying attention to going straight. I mean, she knows that when I lean into her it means that I love her.. she should realize that's exactly what I'm doing!

This morning I almost had one.  Mom thought I was going to pee in some grass, but instead, there was a squirrel that needed chasing up a target.  I started to run at him... but I forgot I was on the leash!!  By this point, we were only walking because Mom had sprayed me down with the water hose and we were headed back home.  I ended up skidding a half circle around Mom and landed on my right thunder thigh.  I wasn't deterred, I stood right up and tried to get that squirrel again.  By this point, Mom realized I wasn't peeing, so she snapped her fingers at me and yelled, "PHIL!" and made me walk on.

I got it together, but I was on the best lookout the last 5 minutes of our walk.  Meaning... I walked all over Mom's feet and walked leaned into her and made her shorts all wet since I was wet.  I WIN!  I WIN!

In other news, Mom probably just figured out how I got that scar on my right thigh....  There was one race that I got tripped and I spun out.  I immediately got back up and finished the race (not in last!), but she thinks that where my fur-less scar is from.  I didn't get any scratches this morning.  Mom was glad.  She hates it when I look like she doesn't take care of me, because we know that's just not true.. but some people don't like to believe that.

Although.. she doesn't let me on the furniture... so... you know..  .... :)
I <3 my mommy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Phil some love!