Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Home Alone!

I think Mom is starting to trust me.  Which is weird, cause all I ever did was nap a lot.  I rarely even listen to things she says unless its dinner time, then I'm super quick about going to my house to wait.

Tuesday Mom came home for lunch.  She took me outside for business and we came back in while she ate lunch.  When it was time for her to leave, she didn't tell me to go to my house, but instead just dropped my favorite treat (kong with pb in it from the freezer) in my house and said she'd be back.  MMMMkkkk, I'll be here!

When she got home, I greeted her at the door.  I know what the sound of the key in the lock means now, FREEDOM!  But since I was already free, I figured Mom deserved some special attention.

That afternoon instead of Mom taking me on a run, we went to the 4-legged-folks-park.  There I met 2 other pups, one of whom wanted to play and the other who wanted to play at first till he was intimidated by my size, and 2 2-legged-folks who were so kind as to let me lean on them for pettins when I wasn't sniffing the fence and marking the trees.  I'm not really playful yet.  Mom's not sure if its because I'm still adjusting or if its because I'd rather just spend my retirement napping.  I will play with my toys for about 5-10 minutes before its nap time and when it comes to being around other dogs, I'd rather just get pettins from humans.

Wednesday morning, I woke up Mom with my whining (which I'd probably stop if she'd just deal with me shaking and waking her up in the middle of the night in her bedroom).  She took me out on a short walk/run and fed me breakfast.  Then she left.  No Kong?!!  Outrage, woman, O.U.T.R.A.G.E!

Mom came back pretty quickly, but I was sleeping on my bed in her bedroom so I didn't really hear her come up the stairs or unlock the door, but as soon as the doorknob turned I was up and peeping at her from the bedroom door.  She was pretty sweaty and smelly, so I left her to her wet water time and went back to my bed to resume napping.  She said she was really proud of me for being so good while she was away.  I'm Phil, of course I'm going to be good, I'm awesome at napping, Lady!

While Mom was at work, she put me in my crate, but I got my delicious black treat dispenser, so I was fine.  After Mom got off work, we went on another short walk since the wet from the sky had stopped.  When Mom had taken me out at lunch, I had difficulty finding my favorite business bush because I was standing in puddles and the wet from the sky wouldn't stop distracting me.  I napped while Mom played on her clickity-clackity lap thing, then she fed me dinner, then she left again!  Mom is a deserter!

I greeted Mom at the door when she got home, she had several bags in her hands when I made sure to thoroughly inspect.  Nothing for me this go around.  Well, kinda.  She bought some corner guards for the footboard of the bed.  It's got some pretty sharp corners that she (and I) often run into.  I think she's worried I'm going to hurt myself one day hitting the corners too hard, which I guess is good, cause sometimes it does hurt.  It's just hard to remember I'm so big!

So I think I've won Mom's trust for the most part.  That's good, right???

What I do best.

Mom bought this just for me and my most favorite delicious treat..
6 POUNDS of peanut butter for $14.
Mom = Trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Phil some love!