Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mom deserted me!

Ok, she really didn't desert me.  She left me with a nice-other-doggy-mommy named Monica... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Mom found out her best friend from college was having her bachelorette party this past weekend in Raleigh, which is only a 5 hour drive away.  Mom is silly in that she thinks 8 hours is "too far", 5 hours is "bearable", and anything under 2 is "just fine".  At first, her plan was to bring me with her, but since she was staying at someone else's house, they said there probably wasn't room for me too, which was sad.  I'm not that big, gosh.  Didn't matter none, if Mom was going she had to find a dog-sitter.. and FAST.  She found out that I couldn't come with her on Wednesday night and she was supposed to leave Friday afternoon!

Mom posted on the GEGR forums (<3 those guys) and Monica offered to take me for the weekend.  She suggested that I could play with her son and pups and it would be fun.  She drove all the way from DE to pick me up.  Monica is amazing (and I'm not just saying that cause she might read this, maybe).

Monica got this video of me playing while I was at her house:


Mom picked me up on Sunday evening.  I was torn between pettins from Mom and pettins from Monica.  I started shivering and Mom decided it was finally time to stop yappin and get me home for dinner (and out of the cold).

Mom surprised me with a new present for ridin in the vroom-vroom.  A "hammock" for the backseat.  I really slip and slide when we're riding in the car because Mom's car has leather seats.  Mom laid a blanket down a few times, but she threw me in the floor one day when she had to stop suddenly for a lady backing out of a parking spot who didn't see her and we weren't even going that fast.  Mom was really concerned after that, and she also wanted to try to relieve some of my riding anxiety, so she was hoping this would help.

I was a little uncertain at first.

But I quickly settled in and got comfortable!

Hiiiiii flashy pointy clicky thingy!

Mom has a picture of my half-brother Zeplen with his eyes kinda blinky.  She really liked this one of me.

Ok, Mom, that's enough with the flashy, pointy, clicky, blinding thingy!  I'm cute, we get it!

After dinner, I promptly started my naps.  I was pretty tired from the awesome vacation from Mom weekend and the drive.  But every time Mom would move, I'd be right behind her.  I really missed her.  Mom kept saying how much she missed me, but she didn't seem to appreciate me being behind her all the time.  She said, "Phil, I don't need a doggy shadow!"  Although, Mom softened up later and let me sleep in her bedroom that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Phil some love!