Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back seat hammock.. just for me!

I'm not a big jumper.  Sometimes I like to pretend and rear back on my hind legs and put my front paws on Mom to show her how excited I am about going outside, but I refuse to jump.  I'm not allowed on the furniture, so there's that.. and the zoom-zoomer (car) is a scary place of slip-and-slides so I don't like to even get into that thing!

Mom still forces me in and I fight her every step of the way.  She's tried to make it better on me, like the first day we came home together she put down a blanket in the backseat for me, which was still really slippery.  Then she tried a different blanket, same story, different day.

 Then Mom tried to be clever.. and put me in the back, back of her Sportage.  Ha.ha.lady.  That didn't work out.  She felt super guilty with me crammed in the back like that.  In the photo I was sitting, which I don't do well or comfortably, eventually I just laid down, but when she put me in the back and closed the hatch, she bumped my head cause I'm just too big!

Find Teh Phil!
Big dog in a little car!
PS.  The slobber on the seat is pretty gross.
Mom then started researching different ways of helping me be more comfortable during zoom-zoom rides.  She'd seen a back seat hammock for pets on Pinterest (she loves that website) and thought that could be a pretty clever idea.  She bought one from Amazon and it was waiting in the mailbox the day she picked me up from Monica's care.  



I like it much better than the blankets or the back.  I can lay down and stretch out comfortably.  Standing up and moving around is still pretty tedious and I shake a lot, but I don't get thrown on the floor anymore if Mom has to slam on the breaks... or when Mom doesn't see the light turn green (cause she's taking pics of me being cute) and she slams on the gas..

So this is how I spend my rides now:

This is what Mom calls my "creeper stare"..  What, Mom?!  I'm just interested in absolutely everything you might possibly do.  Duh.

Fine, I won't look at you for pictures anymore!
These photos might have been the ones where Mom had to slam on the gas before she got honked at (sometimes she forgets she's not still in Bahrain) since the light had been green for several seconds and she was just sitting there not paying attention, holding up traffic.  She can't help how cute I am, people!

Today is my 2nd Meet & Greet at Petco in Lexington Park (I don't acknowledge the line between California, MD and Lexington Park, MD).  I'm pretty excited, but now I need to get to napping so that way I can be ready for all the pettins and treats headed my way.  Mom already prepped me with extra yogurt this morning to combat my room-clearing gas....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show Phil some love!